Rules for responsible Internet use
The school has installed computers and Internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep everyone safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet:
- I will not access other people’s files:
- I will use the computers only for school work and homework:
- I will not bring floppy disks or memory sticks into school without permission:
- I will only email people I know, or my teacher has approved:
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible:
- I will not give my home address or phone number or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission:
- I will never send my picture or any other personal information to a person unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission:
- I will never send any information eg the name or photograph of another person in an email or over the Internet:
- To help protect other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like:
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and will monitor the Internet sites I visit:
- I will remember to LOG OUT when I have finished my session.
For more tips and advice on staying safe on the internet visit the Kids Smart website.
BE SMART BE SAFE